Test Bank For Introduction to Biotechnology 3rd Edition Thieman Palladino
- Chapter 4 Proteins as Products
1) Which recombinant protein is widely used to digest milk proteins for making cheeses?
E) DNA ligase
2) Which of the following is NOT a recombinant protein isolated from bacteria?
B) Factor VIII
3) Isolating and purifying a protein from biological materials to make a biotech product is known as ________.
4) Quaternary structure of a protein refers to ________.
A) the sequence of amino acids in a polypeptide
B) alpha-helical or beta-sheet arrangements of protein structure
C) three-dimensional coil of a polypeptide around itself
D) the association of multiple polypeptide subunits to form a functional protein
E) the number of amino acids in a polypeptide chain
5) Which of the following techniques is designed for separating and analyzing proteins according to their size?
A) Agarose gel electrophoresis
B) Affinity chromatography
C) Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
D) Microarray analysis
E) Sanger sequencing
6) ________ chromatography involves separating proteins by binding them to ligands.
7) ________ involves separating proteins by differences in electrostatic charge.
A) Affinity chromatography
B) Mass spectroscopy
C) Size-exclusion chromatography
D) Ion-exchange chromatography
E) Gel-filtration chromatography
8) Bioprocessing a protein often involves growing cells in carefully controlled environments using containers called ________.
9) Cheese manufacturing involves enzymatic or microbial processing of the milk protein ________ to form a coagulated mixture called curd.
D) lactic acid
10) Recombinant forms of what protease are used in laundry detergents to remove stains?
There are no reviews yet.