Test Bank For Introduction To Materials Management 8th Edition By Chapman
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Which of the following statements is correct?
A) The supply, production and distribution functions are part of a total system.
B) Materials flow into an organization, are processed in some way and distributed to the consumer.
C) Traditionally the supply-production-distribution functions have reported to different departments.
D) All of the above are correct.
2) Manufacturing is important to the economy because:
A) it supports service industries. B) it generates wealth.
C) it adds value to products. D) all of the above
3) Which of the following statements is true about the operating environment in which operations management functions?
A) Government regulation is not important for companies.
B) Most organizations do not need to worry about competition.
C) Price is more important than quality.
D) Customers are more demanding.
4) Which of the following statements is true regarding order winners?
A) They are the same as order qualifiers, only better.
B) They are present in every product.
C) They are the same in every market.
D) They persuade a company’s customers to choose its product.
5) Which of the following strategies has the shortest delivery lead time and the least customer input?
A) make-to-order B) assemble-to-order
C) make-to-stock D) configure-to-order
6) Which of the following statements is true?
A) The supply chain includes all activities and processes to provide a product or service to a customer.
B) Material in the supply chain usually flows from producer to customer.
C) The supply chain contains only one supplier.
D) All of the above are true.
E) A and B only are true.
There are no reviews yet.