Test Bank For Listening to Western Music 8th Edition by Craig Wright
CHAPTER 03: COLOR, TEXTURE, FORM, AND STYLE
1. The term referring to the level of volume at which sounds are produced is:
2. Musicians traditionally use Italian words for musical dynamics because the terms were first used when Italian musicians dominated Western music.
3. The musical term for loud is:
4. The musical term that tells the musician to sing or play softly is:
5. Identify the term that best describes what is happening in the listening example.
OTHER: Strauss, Also sprach Zarathustra, DL 2, 0:55-1:25
6. The term “crescendo” describes a gradual increase in the volume of sound.
7. “Diminuendo” means to decrease the music’s dynamic level in a sudden and unexpected manner.
8. There are two synonymous terms that describe a gradual decrease in dynamics. One is “diminuendo,” what is the other?
9. Which term refers to the distinctive tone quality of a sound?
10. Which term is synonymous with “color”?
There are no reviews yet.