Test Bank For Looking Out Looking In 14th Edition By Ronald B. Adler
A FIRST LOOK AT INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
1. Chapter One indicates that effective interpersonal communication is strongly linked to good health, social happiness and career success.
Answer: T Type: T Pages: 4–7 Knowledge
2. The only way we learn who we are is through communication.
Answer: T Type: T Pages: 5-6 Knowledge
3. A lack of social relationships may affect physical health and life span as dramatically as smoking or a lack of physical activity.
Answer: T Type: T Page: 5 Knowledge
4. The ability to speak and listen effectively can mean the difference between succeeding and failing in a job.
Answer: T Type: T Pages: 7-8 Knowledge
5. Shared understanding and clarity are the most important goals in achieving successful communication.
Answer: F Type: T Page: 17 Knowledge
6. The major difference between impersonal communication and interpersonal communication is the number of people involved.
Answer: F Type: T Pages: 12-13 Analysis
7. An older professor who forgets what it was like to be a student when he teaches is an example of how differing environments in the classroom can make understanding difficult.
Answer: T Type: T Page: 10 Comprehension
8. Communication competence is a trait that people either possess or lack.
Answer: F Type: T Pages: 23, 26 Knowledge
9. Just as judges instruct juries to disregard some statements made in court, we can reverse or erase the effects of communication interactions in everyday life.
Answer: F Type: T Page: 16 Comprehension
10. There is no such thing as the “same” message; words and behaviors are different each time they are spoken or performed.
There are no reviews yet.