Test Bank For M Management Thomas Bateman 6th Edition
Chapter 5 Planning and Decision Making
1) In an organization, the process of planning moves in a linear fashion.
2) To be effective, goals should be measurable, specific, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.
3) Standing plans are designed to achieve a set of short-term goals.
4) Making decisions about an organization’s short-term goals and tactics is known as strategic planning.
5) A strategic control system must encourage efficient operations while allowing flexibility to adapt to changing conditions.
6) Individuals usually make higher-quality decisions when compared to groups, provided there is enough time.
7) The step in the formal planning process known as ________ involves studying past events, examining current conditions, and forecasting future trends.
A) analyzing the situation
B) generating alternative goals and plans
C) evaluating goals and plans
D) selecting goals and plans
E) monitoring and controlling performance
8) The outcome of situational analysis is the
A) evaluation of the merits and feasibility of a range of alternatives.
B) prioritization and elimination of goals.
C) identification and diagnosis of planning assumptions, issues, and problems.
D) selection of the most appropriate and feasible alternative among various goals.
E) proper implementation of a plan.
9) Situational analysis, as part of the formal planning process, focuses on
A) the internal forces at work within an organization and examines influences from the external environment.
B) the external forces at work within an organization and examines influences from the internal environment.
C) the internal forces at work within an organization and examines influences from the internal environment.
D) the external forces at work within an organization and examines influences from the external environment.
E) past conditions, current trends, and future events.
10) In the context of the planning process, ________ are the targets or ends a manager wants to reach.
There are no reviews yet.