Test Bank For Organic Chemistry With Biological Applications International Edition 2nd Edition by John E. McMurry
Chapter 3 – Organic Compounds: Alkanes and Their Stereochemistry
1. Which of the following functional group classifications do not contain oxygen?
2. To which functional group classification does the following molecule belong?
d. carboxylic acid
e. both b and c
3. One of the functional group classifications is characterized by the presence of an sp2 hybridized carbon atom. This functional group could be:
a. alkyl halide
4. The carbon atoms within the functional group of the following classifications are
alkene ester carboxylic acid amide
d. sp2 and sp3
5. 4-ethyl–3,3,4-trimethylheptane could be classified as:
a. an alkane
d. a paraffin
e. all of the above
There are no reviews yet.